Monday 4 January 2010

Fresh Start


I love that feeling of newness.  The opportunity to start fresh.  New.  To startover.  New goals.  New dreams.  It doesn't matter if you do that every single day.  That's the wonder of a new day.  And a New Year.  New resolutions.  New beginnings.  For me, I want to look at the here and now.  Maybe a little forward but not much.  I have the need to live in the here and now.  That's what my New Year resolution is.  Live in the here and now.  Stop looking back.  Make new memories.

There are a million things I want to do in 2010.  Some big.  Some not so big.  All, though, are me.  About me.  My family.  My beloved husband.  It's about me and them.  Simple.  Nothing too remarkable.  And no pressure.  Day by day goals.  They're open ended goals.  I can move the goal posts if I need to.  I don't want to feel pressure this year.  I want this year to be about moments.  Making momentary memories.  Not stressed out days filled with "oh, if only I had more hours in the day"!!.  Nope.  I want to eeeeek out the hours in each day.  Make them count.  What isn't achieved in any particular day can spill over into the next day.  Simple.

Yes.  Fresh starts.  Perfect.

No comments: