Wednesday 5 January 2011

Gifts + Surprises

So today I'm 47yrs old.  Whoa!  How did that happen??  In a blinking of an eye.  It feels like it was just yesterday I was this little girl so happy on her 5th birthday to get a blackboard and lots of gorgeous coloured chalks.  And suddenly I'm celebrating my 47th birthday?!

I'm not one of those people that get depressed on birthdays.  Or that says "21 again".  I honestly don't mind getting older.  I feel I have a wisdom now that I didn't have in my 20's or 30's.  Ok so there are days that I wish I still had the figure I had way back when but in all honesty that's my fault for allowing myself to get overweight and whatever else.  Either way, it's fine to be turning 47yrs old.

It's been a good day.  Last night I couldn't sleep.  I was so tired but the events of yesterday - very stressful - left my mind racing and worried about alsorts of things.  And so 4am this morning, Steve suggested that I open my card and gift from him.  And that's what I did.  Fun, fun, fun.  I finally drifted off to sleep and then woke only a couple of hours later to the alarm and the beginning of phone calls from my beloved family wishing me a happy birthday.  Truly I am blessed.  Got some lovely gifts including a lovely handmade necklace from my daughter, digital photo frame and some fab books.  I love books!
My sister took me out for lunch and my daughter was there too.  It was just so nice the three of us.  The afternoon was spent on the sofa under a duvet dozing on and off, reading, watching tv, writing notes for my 2011 goals (will share here soon).  And then I heard the voices of little children and came too to realise my daughter-in-law was here with my grandchildren.  What a wonderful surprise and utter joy to see them.  And they were a delight.  My 4yro granddaughter was really cuddly and her little brother was his usual happy, sweet self.  What a joy they truly are.

And then this evening my beloved Steve cooked the most fantastic Italian meal I've ever had.  Seriously.  I love that this man enjoys being in the kitchen, cooking.  Good food.  He loves cooking with good ingredients.  Healthy options but lots of taste and love!  We had a bottle of Pinot Grigio and watched a James Bond movie.  Yep, I do love action films. Ha.  A perfect day.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! x

Cheryl said...

Happy birthday! I know how you feel!