Saturday 10 February 2007

Digital Scrapbook Creations

I'm nearly there. I've been doing digital scrapbooking and designing kits and elements for just over 2 yrs. I used to have my own website and store but my personal life took a massive nose dive and I had to just shut it all down. But now I'm back up and running. Well, my website is done. Got some more tutorials to upload and still got to finish the store. My partner is helping me with the programming since I'm extremely php etc.. challenged! I love creating websites and love my Dreamweaver but don't ask me to look at the CSS coding or PHP.

It's exciting to be so creative again. I've always done some form of art ever since I was a little girl and was fortunate enough to have parents that were artists as well. And then my father introduced me to computers back in 1994 or so and the combination of art and computers was just fabulous for me. I stumbled upon digital scrapbooking and it was an evolution process to be where I am now. Creating layouts and papers and elements and alphabets.. I love it. It's my career choice, my livelihood, my passion, my art and I know I'm very lucky to be able to do this every single day.

I've got so much going on though and so much in the pipeline. It really helped to put together my own inspirational scrapbook. It's just a watercolour pad that I knicked from Steve (my partner) - he's an artist too! Anyway, I collect magazine articles, images and put together my colour schemes in this scrapbook. Last night I wrote out all the categories of products and the 3d clipart section that I want to create. I also scrawl out various names for my colour schemes with the hope of creating papers or full kits. It just really helps to put all the stuff that's swirling round my head onto paper. It makes more sense to me. I think I'm really lucky to have this seemingly endless supply of inspiration. I have had complete artist block before now and having the inspriation scrapbook helps. I can just open it up and there's a ton of inspiration!

Yes, I love my life and my art.

No comments: