Saturday 9 June 2007

Midnight Oil

Slowly but surely my groove is returning. I've been so uninspired lately and it's upset me so much but returning to the Scrap Girls design team really hit the spot. I can't begin to tell you how much more creative I've been since returning. It's not just that though. Learning to lean on God and sort my faith out good and proper has played a part. I want to know what He wants for my life and how best to earn money using the skills, talents and God-given gifts I have. My daughter has enormous faith and really stepped out of her comfort zone recently to answer God's call on her life. I admire that so much and it has inspired me. I've also found a lot of encouragement from the girls on the Scrap Girls design team. Amazing women with character, strength, conviction and that all inspires me and helps me to move forward.

As a result, I've been burning a lot of midnight oil. I'm not tired though. It's strange. I just get into a creative groove and I can't seem to stop myself. I usually put my iPod. Playing happy, soulful music inspires me further and I get lost in my own little world. Before long I realise that it's gone 3am or I happen to notice the sun coming up and realise that it's gone 4 am. Not often that happens. I leave that to my husband who burns much more midnight oil than me! I find it easier to go with my creativity working from home than somehow be rigid in terms of the time frame I sit here. I always get plenty of exercise, fresh air and food breaks!! I'm aware of how bad it is to sit here all day and every day so I'm always getting up to have a wonder round probably every half hour or so. I also go for a really good long walk once a day and push myself so I know I'm getting good exercise.

I'm so blessed. To be able to work from home doing the thing that I love the most. And being with my beloved Steve who also works from home and is an artist for a living! Wow! It doesn't get much better than this.

No comments: