Thursday 1 May 2008

Art Journal, Pinchbecks, Up North and Thunder Storms

Yep, it's a big 'ole blog post today. Cool eh? Really wanted to share some things I've been up to lately. Started an art journal. My gorgeous hubby bought me some wonderful new art supplies a couple of weeks ago and I've been dying to get my hands messy and slap paint around a bit. He really indulged me and has been keen for me to be able to get creative in new ways. Apart from my crocheting and fabric crafting bits and pieces, most of my art has been done digitally. And I do love that but I wanted and needed a new creative outlet since my work is on a computer every day. It's been good to get back to hands on art. And of course much easier now I have "an empty nest".

This is a new chapter in my life. I've had a lot of heartache, painful emotional trauma and family tragedy over the past 10 yrs which included the ending of my 20yr marriage. My self confidence was next to nothing. And then I met my Steve. The love of my life and now darling hubby. From day one, he's been so encouraging and has always wanted me to feel free to express myself in any way I need to. I don't know if it's because he's also an artist and an extraordinary creative soul himself or just part of who he is. Either way, he's created an environment in our home where I feel safe, happy and excited about trying new creative outlets.

So yeah. New art supplies. Creating an art journal. The first one is about Steve and I. Just day to day stuff. How I love him. Why I love him. We can't have children which breaks my heart and so I wanted to leave some kind of legacy of our love. I need people to know how special our relationship is and writing it down, painting it and creating in an art journal seems the most fitting way to do it.


What else? Oh yeah. Up north. Steve and I went up north to visit his family over the weekend. We've not had a chance to go before now due to work etc.. It was a lovely weekend. We drove through Pinchbeck - yep, there's a village called Pinchbeck, like our surname, how cool is that? And what a lovely little village. So pretty. Took a ton of photos. The weather was so beautiful. A warm, sunny day. Not too warm. A gentle breeze. Perfect. We just couldn't believe it.

On Sunday morning early, we took a lovely walk on the beach at Cleethorpes. Again beautiful weather. A little misty but it was quite early. Another perfect day.

In the afternoon, we took Steve's nephews to the park to play and kick a football around. Interesting. Ha! Poor Steve. Not done that for a long time. Run round a playing field playing footy! Ha! The boys had so much fun though and it was great spending time with them.


And then today. We decided to go out to see if we could get some cheap flooring for our studio/office for when Steve is painting, to protect the floor. And also for the living room, where I paint. Anyway, the sky turned so dark and a thunder storm rumbled in the distance. We just had to get some photos as the sky was so dark in one direction, out at sea, while the other way it was fluffy white clouds and sunshine. Just amazing so we went to the beach and took photos and just stood there watching the sea, clouds and thunder storm sky.

I love this life I have with this man. It works so well, I think, because we have so much in common. We love so many of the same things. It's kinda shocking sometimes when we realise that we spend 24/7 together and never argue. But laugh. We laugh so much. And just generally being together. He's my best friend ever and he says the same about me. Sorry. Feeling a bit loved up today about my man!


Ok. Enough. Diane, move on. Right. Photo prompt for today is "spectacle". I chose to take a photo of my spectacles. I wear them for reading and working on the computer and of course crafting etc.. I have a habit of putting them down on my keyboard whenever I get up from my computer. I really need one of those necklaces for them. So anyway, these are spectacles in my space today.

Hope you all have a great evening!
x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful entry today, made me feel all warm and cosy :o)

Course he's a special man, do I detect a hint of ginger in his hair? All gingers are special, everyone knows that ;o)

Smashing photies Di, looks like you have a lovely time away.

Wish me luck, just spotted the word vertification and it looks like it might take me a while to get it right!

Stephanie said...

I do believe that love changes everything and makes everything worthwhile. I feel the love between you two, and I'm so glad you found each other. It is wonderful to have someone else who believes in us and loves us without measure. :)

All of my Todays said...

Oooh you made me feel all fuzzy. It is so nice to find the right man I have been lucky as I managed it first time round. Like you we never, ever argue. You have some stunning photos I love the ones of the thunder sky. x