Thursday 19 June 2008

Summer Perils

Inevitably with Summer sunshine and breezes come high pollen counts. For me, that means misery. I've had hay fever and various other allergies since I was 5 yrs old. I'm used to it. Although many years ago, after a whole load of tests at St. Mary's hospital, I was told I may grow out of it in my early twenties. I'm in my early forties *cough cough* and still no sign of growing out of it. It isn't as bad as it sometimes used to get when I was younger. It's nevertheless miserable.

And so I've been suffering somewhat the past couple of days. Drugged up to the eyeballs, I did venture out this afternoon for a very impromptu lunch with my hubby. It was wonderful. Just one of those spur of the moment kinda things. After a wonderful 3-course meal, we took a lovely walk to the beach and sat on our fave bench just enjoying the warm sunshine, gentle sea breezes and chatting about work, us and our upcoming holiday.

It was a welcome break. I was feeling uninspired, frustrated and generally rotten. He sensed it and knew exactly what to do. We came home both feeling more inspired for our work and just generally refreshed and happy! Sometimes you just have to stand up, move away from the computer and do something spontaneous!
x

No comments: