Thursday 30 October 2008

Making Changes

So we're all moved in now. Still some work to do on the house but nothing major. It's now time to get on with life. I've been thinking a lot lately how time is flying by so quickly and I can't seem to get into a routine of doing what needs to be done and what I want to do. Something always happens. Something always comes up.

And I'm the world's biggest procrastinator. I have a huge problem getting any project started. I procrastinate because I'm scared of starting. It's the "blank canvas" syndrome. I just sit there staring at my blank canvas and I just can't get started. No matter how inspired I am. No matter what it is that I should be doing including housework, I just sit and procrastinate.

I've worked out that I waste so much time doing that and so I need to change. I need to be more positive and a better time-keeper. Time is precious. We need to look after the time we have. It needs to be highly valued. And that's what I'm going to attempt to do. I've bought a new "to do" pad. A simple ring binder of A4 paper. I used to write a lot of to do lists but not any more and so that's the first thing I'm going to change. Every day I'm going to aim to do as much as I can on my to do list.

There's so much I want to do. So much that needs doing. So much that I want to achieve. My "to do" list in my brain is huge. Ha! I've got to make the effort and get things done. And what's frustrating me is that they are all things I love to do. It's not like any of it is a chore. And it's just me. My family are grown now and left home! Perfect. I now have my own art and craft room.

So yeah. Time to make some changes.

Oh and I've signed up for this online class simply because it's another thing on my "to do" list. I know exactly how Jessica is feeling about wanting and needing to get stories written. Stories that need to be told and stories that need to be passed on.

Thanks, Shalae for the link and info.! Perfect timing.

3 comments:

Niecey said...

I love Jessica Sprague's website. Its so beautiful looking. Should be a great class!

Glad to hear you're settled in to the new place now :)

Dani said...

Time is definitely precious and goes by so very quickly. It's especially nice that you're all settled before the holidays.

I wish you could come to visit too!

Happy Halloween! lots of love, Dani

Heather said...

i hear you on feeling like there isnt enough time. its easy to get overwhelmed. Sometimes you just have to put your blinders on and go for it, other times--- take a break when you need it and you'll come back refreshed!