Friday 26 December 2008

Comfort & Joy

Comfort and joy of spending Christmas with my family. All my children, their families, my parents and my brother and sister and their families. Yes. Much comfort in that and oh so much joy. Incredible time. Interesting too. Cooking for seventeen of us. Seating seventeen of us in a fairly small dining room and then living room for the traditional present opening. Oh it really was a joyful time. I feel truly blessed to be part of this family.

It's different. It might not be to everyone's cup of tea. All of us. So close. Almost too close. In each other's pockets really. But it's us. It's who we are and right now at this time of year, it's what we all needed. It's what I needed. To be with my mum and dad. To have my children close. To have my granddaughter close. We had fun. It was a good day.

And now a time of reflection. A time of thought about the end of this year and the coming of a New Year. I love the hope of a new year and the opportunity to make plans and write out new goals.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm glad you had such a good Christmas. Fun to have all your loved ones close...VERY close. Pretty decor.

I love the refreshing feeling of the new year as well.