Sunday 25 January 2009

Days Gone By

These past days have gone by so quickly and I've spent them wisely! Just really feeling that each day is precious and doing my best to make the most of every day. Ha!

Anyway, these past few days have been spent mainly with family. Helping my parents. My mum's unwell and Dad's undergoing chemotherapy. He's doing very well and so far the side effects are not too horrific but we've been told it's "early days". Hey ho! I just want to say here and right in this second how much I love my mum and dad. How grateful I am for the wonderful childhood they gave me. How grateful I am that they just love me no matter what. I love you mum and dad! Not sure where that came from but had to say it.

I also babysat my nieces. We had fun doing some bits of art and craft at the table. My 10 yr old niece has a beautiful fashion kit for designing clothes so we had fun with that and her 2yr old sister was just content colouring and cutting out using (safety) shape scissors.And then last night was my daughter-in-law's baby shower. Baby Noah is due to make his prescence in about 4 weeks time. Yay! Can't wait.Oh and spent some much needed time with my daughter, Jenni. She surprised me with a little present - she bought me a lovely cd by Martina McBride and so just copying that to my iPod. Lots of good music to listen to while resting this afternoon. I've woken up with a rotten head cold. I'm fighting it because I need to be able to spend time with my Dad and he's immune systen is shot which he can't be exposed to infections. Praying this is just a silly cold and will go soon.

2 comments:

Renee said...

The most important thing about loving your mom and dad and having a great childhood, is telling them and making sure they know it.

By the way, in case you don't know. It is the 7th to 14th day after chemo that your immune system really drops so please make sure during that time that people are well when they see your dad, or if not, they wear a mask. Make sure everyone washes their hands even more than normal.

Just a tip from me, who have had too many chemos to mention.

xoxo

Renee

Sarah said...

Hi Di,
Hope you feel better soon,
Sarah