Last week, I was invited to take part in a family Easter craft evening at my son's church. He asked me if I would host one of the craft tables. It was so much fun. Kids and parents alike went from table to table making fun Easter crafts.
I designed and created a fairly simple, fun Easter card kit comprising of backing papers, eggs and crosses in Spring colours. My daughter bought some fun little embellishments for the kids to add to their cards. And they all turned out so great.
Here's how I made them:-
- I printed out the designs onto some inkjet printer paper
- Once printed out, we cut out all the various designs, backing papers and "Happy Easter" sentiments
- I like to leave a small border round the printed out images. This also makes cutting out a little easier.
- We then stuck the backing papers to the A6 cards and started adding the toppers, sentiments
- Printable Easter Card Kit - my own design (I'm hoping to make this available to download very soon)
- Pack of 100 A4 Sheets of Super Smooth Matt Inkjet Paper 100 GSM here
- A6 White Cardblanks with Envelopes - Matt Finish (240GSM) here
- Double sided tape and foam pads as adhesives. I can't remember where I bought these now but they're available from most good craft stores as well as QVC and Create and Craft
- Set of foam and glitter Easter embellishments from Tesco
We all had a wonderful evening making cards. I love watching kids getting creative. Just give them some simple instructions and they're away. In fact, a lot of them just got on with it and made some lovely cards.
Hope you all have a Happy Easter and an enjoyable, long holiday weekend.