Saturday 7 April 2012

Happy Card Making Easter!

It's Easter already!  Where did that first three months of the year go?!  I'm so happy to see Spring here now and I love long holiday weekends!

Last week, I was invited to take part in a family Easter craft evening at my son's church.  He asked me if I would host one of the craft tables.  It was so much fun.  Kids and parents alike went from table to table making fun Easter crafts.

I designed and created a fairly simple, fun Easter card kit comprising of backing papers, eggs and crosses in Spring colours.  My daughter bought some fun little embellishments for the kids to add to their cards.  And they all turned out so great.
My daughter and I made some sample A6 cards for inspiration.  If you're new to creating cards using digital backing papers and digi stamps, these cards are really a great way to get started and inspired.  They're really simple to make.  I love digital and using my computer for paper crafting.  You can use the designs over and over again.  And as you get more confident, you do find yourself being more creative in how you use your digital supplies.  Anyway..

Here's how I made them:-
  • I printed out the designs onto some inkjet printer paper
  • Once printed out, we cut out all the various designs, backing papers and "Happy Easter" sentiments
  • I like to leave a small border round the printed out images.  This also makes cutting out a little easier.
  • We then stuck the backing papers to the A6 cards and started adding the toppers, sentiments

Supply List: 
  • Printable Easter Card Kit - my own design (I'm hoping to make this available to download very soon)
  • Pack of 100 A4 Sheets of Super Smooth Matt Inkjet Paper 100 GSM here
  • A6 White Cardblanks with Envelopes - Matt Finish (240GSM) here
  • Double sided tape and foam pads as adhesives.  I can't remember where I bought these now but they're available from most good craft stores as well as QVC and Create and Craft
  • Set of foam and glitter Easter embellishments from Tesco

We all had a wonderful evening making cards.  I love watching kids getting creative.  Just give them some simple instructions and they're away.  In fact, a lot of them just got on with it and made some lovely cards.
After seeing how the Easter card kit worked, I'm inspired to make more card kits.  It's quite possible I'll be spending some of the upcoming holiday weekend working on them on some new designs!  Yay!

Hope you all have a Happy Easter and an enjoyable, long holiday weekend.

No comments: