Thursday 12 April 2012

Spring Forward

 How was your Easter?  I had a lovely time with my family and also a totally chilled out couple of days with just me and Steve at home.  Ate too much chocolate and too many hot cross buns but hey ho!  It was Easter.  You're allowed.  Needless to say, straight back to Weight Watchers this week!
We've been having some interesting weather this past few days.  I love it.  It's so Spring-like.  April showers.  Sunshine and showers.  It's perfect for making things grow.  I'm enjoying this new Season and all that it brings including Mother's Day, Easter and pretty flowers in the garden.  Love, love the magnolia tree at my sister's.

 As well as enjoying all these wonderful seasonal changes, I've been experiencing new opportunities for my work.  Work.  Well, I call it work as it's how I earn my money, running my own business.  But my oh my I love what I do and as such, it's hard to call it "work".  Anyway, I digress.

My website is still being worked on.  I'm itching to get my online store back up and running.  In the meantime, apart from working on my new website, I'm designing and creating new digital scrapbooking products, paper crafting downloads etc.. for the new store and for Daisy Trail.  I was thrilled to be recently accepted as a designer, creating digikits for their online store.
I've had to go through a learning curve to get to grips with their Craft Artist software and I've been completely blown away by what you can do with it.  I'm a hard core Photoshop & Illustrator user so was a little worried about having to learn new software.  I needn't have worried.  It's extremely intuitive.  And they have a ton of fantastic video tutorials to help you learn everything from basics to more complex features such as cutting backgrounds from photos, layer effects and so on.  It's not just for digital scrapbooking.  They're templates for a greeting cards and printables.

Oh and it's a fraction of the cost of Photoshop!!  And if you want software specifically for digital scrapbooking and and computer paper crafting, I'd recommend it over Photoshop Elements too.  Wow!  Never thought I'd say that.  No, I'm not getting paid to big up Craft Artist ha!  I honestly think it's a great little piece of software.  The paper craft industry is moving forward.  I've seen so many huge changes in the past couple of years.  Digital technologies are being fully embraced.

I'm going to be doing a couple of craft projects for them in the next few weeks.  Can't say much more than that for now but once they're done and have a green light, I'll post them here.  I'm just thrilled to have the opportunity to be working with this UK craft company.

I love new seasons.  New beginnings.  New opportunities.  And always when you least expect it.  When you're not looking for it.  Those are the best.

No comments: