Tuesday 27 November 2007

Digital Crafty Endeavours

So time is moving on. Where does it go? My days are full. I love my life here by the coast with my gorgeous hubby. I'm so truly blessed. The past two months have been truly amazing in lots of ways not least of all with my work. It's going on in leaps and bounds and I've doubled my income to a reasonable "I can pay my bills and buy a couple of special luxuries" level. Yay!

Steve and I recently took a day off and went to London and it was just incredible. We went to the National Gallery and saw the most amazing paintings. It was exciting, thrilling and inspirational. To see so many original pieces is truly mind blowing. Yes, it's great seeing them online or in one of our many art books but to see those paintings in "the flesh" is just incredible.

It was a good day and one that we needed very much. We walked miles and miles not just through the gallery but round London. We went from Victoria in Westminster to the West End seeing Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Centotaph, Downing Street, Admiralty Arch, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square. We took a wonderful wander through chinatown and then met Steve's brother and ended up in a great little bar in trendy Soho!

So yeah. Very much needed time out.

In regards to work, I've been really excited to be creating downloadable products for a UK craft store The Craft Cabin. Initially creating some Christmas packs but have a ton of themed packs in the works. I'm thrilled to be working with a UK craft company. Work and hobby all tied into one! How cool is that?!

No comments: