Wednesday 2 January 2008

2008 - New Year - New Hope

Wow - 2008 - already. It's exciting. I like that "new year" feeling. A chance to "start afresh". Make some new goals and resolutions. I know it's cliche but it's good. It feel great to be staring fresh in a New Year.

Today, I've been cleaning the flat. De-Christmassing and cleaning. I love Christmas so much and am sad when I have to put everything away but today I feel excited about this New Year and starting off with a nice, clean tidy fresh home seems the right thing to do.

Also, started a "internal cleansing" ha! Diet. Well, I don't like to call it a diet. Just being more aware of what I eat. Eating sensibly and exercising more so I continue to lose weight and get down to my "pre-baby" weight. Considering my last babies were born over 20 yrs ago, it's going to be interesting to see if that goal can be achieved. Actually, all I want is to be a little healthier than I am now and comfortable in terms of my weight. Not stick model thin but not hugely fat like I am now either. Something in the middle will be fine. So yeah. New Year. New routine.

It's the same with work. I don't really like calling it that. Work. It doesn't feel like work to me. I love what I do. I love that I can sit at my computer creating "pretty graphics" and make a living. I'm truly blessed to be able to do that. And be at home with my husband 24/7. Now I know a lot of you would be climbing the walls at the thought of that but not me. I met my husband through work - through the same kind of work - graphic design - 3d artist and so we have an awful lot in commone. We work well together and are great companions. It just really works for us. It's great fun every day. We do a lot of brainstorming for new products and new ways of earning money through this medium, creating digital art.

And my family. I want to spend more time with my sons, daughter (when she gets home from New Zealand) and my granddaughter. Also my sister and her little girls. Family is what it's all about. Being together. Loving each other and enjoying precious moments creating memories. Again, I know its cliche but it's really really true.

We spent a wonderful evening bringin in the New Year at my sister's with my family. It was a great evening and a wonderful way to see out 2007 and bring in 2008.

Bring it on! x

No comments: