Monday 3 March 2008

Throw In the Towel

I have dark days. Days when all I want to do is throw in the towel. I don't know why. I have suffered from depression - real depression - not just feeling blue - since I had post-natal depression with my twins almost 21 yrs ago. It comes in fits and starts. I also think it's related to my very low self esteem. I can't seem to rise above it some days.

Today is one of those days.

I'm still feeling unwell. Going to have to go to the doctors which is one of my pet hates. But hey ho. Going to have to do it.

My work is suffering. Fortunately I have the best husband in the world and he's got me working with him texturing his 3d models. It's keeping me focused and busy.

Thank God for this man. He loves me so completely. He's understanding but also won't let me wallow in the depression and pushes me forward to something more positive. But he also knows when I need to rest and just go for a warm bath and then just read or watch a dvd or something. God love him.

So sorry but I'm not up to much today.
x

4 comments:

All of my Todays said...

I hope today is a better day for you Di. Sending you lots of hugs. x

Jenga said...

Loads of hugs hun xxxxxxx hope you start to feel better soon xx

Eleanor said...

Just wanted to say be kind to yourself.
My hubby and 2 sons all have varying mental health problems, so whilst it's not me, I live with it and have some small understanding of it.
Also my 17 yr old DD has just been found to have anaemia.
Take care Di, but I sense that you are stronger than you think.
E
xx

pokettiger said...

Big hugs to you. My twin daughters are going to be 2 in May and I have been struggling with depression and low self esteem too. I started seeing a therapist in April of last year and it has felt like a hard road to work through things. Worth it but difficult. I feel for you.