Friday 1 October 2010

Doorways

There's an interesting fascination to me about doorways.  Maybe I'm nosey.  Curious?  Whatever the reason, I love doorways.  Windows too really, but mainly doorways.  I want to know what's going on behind them.  Where would they take me if I walked through them?  Are people who live behind some of these doorways happy or sad?  And on a more spiritual note as Maria Von Trapp once said, "whenever God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window".  A message of hope in a time of trouble or when one is feeling hopeless.







 It's something I'm claiming for my life at the moment.  I feel like I'm at a creative impasse.  I can't seem to go any further.  In truth, it's been like this for a couple of years now.  It's not just because of the awful year I've had.  Forced into a sabbatical due to circumstances from which I'm emerging.  I get fits and starts of inspiration and start to make headway and then I get hit by something unknown which stops me dead in my tracks.  I've taken numerous online workshops/classes to try and get passed my impasse.  Ha!  Most of them were perfect for me and got me inspired.  It was only temporary though.
I've got to figure this out soon.  I need to work.  Financially.  I know I can make money from being creative.  I know I'm a good digital artist.  I'm a good graphic designer.  I can say that and yet I can't practice it.  I keep getting scared.  Am I procrastinating for some reason?  Am I feeling sorry for myself?  Am I distracted?  I just don't know.

I need a door or a window to open soon.  Wide open.  Clearly marked for me to go through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can do it. have you thought about teaching an online class? my ning group is open for you to do that if you'd like.